Mission Viejo, CA
To power up a team with my software development experience, friendly and approachable communication skills, and passion for quality user experiences.
Game Designer (March 2016 - Present)
Jam City | Cookie Jam and Cookie Jam Blast
- Design fun levels that play at targeted difficulty levels to increase purchases without losing players, that are released on a weekly basis.
- Perform final tuning and review on designers levels before they are released to ensure proper KPIs are met.
- Create google sheets formulas to speed up routine design tasks.
- Write design specs for new features that increase KPIs.
QA Manager (July 2014 - March 2016)
BrickLink | The Unofficial Lego Marketplace
- Ensureed safe releases of new features and bug fixes for an ecommerce site with over 400,000 users and 9,000 active stores.
- Authored test plans for inventory management system, reference catalog, and storefront.
- Automated repetitive tests with Selenium.
- Gathered and prioritized user feedback from multiple sources to ensure business critical features remained through a transition to a modern UI.
Designer / QA Manager (November 2011 - September 2012)
Checkpoint Studios | AviNation (Facebook)
- Developed gameplay mechanics, economy, and implemented quests for an airport simulator game for facebook and mobile.
- Implemented gameplay scripts with C# in the Unity game engine.
- Organized the Quality Assurance department, communicating the status of the game to producers, artists, and software engineers in daily meetings.
Quality Engineer II (March 2011 - November 2011)
Zynga San Diego | Farmville and Cafe World (Facebook)
- Acted as the main point of contact between the internal development team and the external customer service and quality assurance departments for a Farmville Localization project.
- Lead the QA effort for Cafe World content releases.
- Received the Chef Of The Week team-voted award for going above and beyond my assigned role by helping a new team of producers and programmers quickly get up to speed and implementing content for Cafe World as it transitioned developers and maintained over 2 million daily active users.
Indie Game Developer (August 2012 - 2016)
Independent | 5 Published games (Facebook, Google Play, Amazon Appstore, Apple App Store, Windows Store)
- Independently designed, programmed, and released five games using Unity.
- Managed builds and published games to Android, Amazon, Microsoft, and Apple marketplaces.
Ambient Designer (July 2006 - August 2010)
Rockstar San Diego | Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360, PS3)
- Helped plan, organize and create the ambient world from start to finish of an award winning game using the Rockstar Advanced Game Engine (RAGE).
- Managed a team of designers responsible for the games state machine by training them on the in house tools, and distributing daily tasks.
- Responsible for the development of over 600 animated activities that combined animations, models, sound effects, voices, particle effects and props.
- Partnered with mission designers to plan out and implement the custom animations needed for all the missions, mini games, and side quests with SCRUM methodology.
QA Lead (May 2005 - July 2006)
Rockstar San Diego | Rockstar Presents Table Tennis (Xbox 360, Wii)
- Managed a team of 15 QA analysts and coordinated with two remote QA teams to maintain a database of over 20,000 bugs.
- Ensured a smooth certification process with Microsoft by conducting weekly tests of their technical certification requirements and updating the team with detailed reports the status throughout development.
- Worked closely with the programming team to improve automated testing and build processes.
- Ran focus group tests to help senior designers tune gameplay and find the fun.
Tester (July 2004 - May 2005)
Rockstar San Diego | Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition (PS2, PSP, Xbox)
- Discovered and concisely documented how to reproduce a wide variety of bugs including gameplay balance issues, crashes, and multiplayer functionality.
- Documenting the status of the project against Sony’s technical requirements checklist.
Irvine Valley College (2004)